Developing High-Performing and Happy Teams with Steve Browne
February 23, 2022
In this episode of the People and Performance podcast, we hear from one of the best-known and most well-respected HR professionals in North America!
Steve Browne is the Chief People Officer at LaRosa’s Inc., a regional Pizzeria restaurant chain in southwest Ohio. Until recently, he was a member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Board of Directors.
Steve facilitates a monthly HR Roundtable in Cincinnati, manages a weekly internet forum, HR Net that reaches tens of thousands of HR professionals around the world, and has an internationally recognized HR blog. He is also the author of two bestselling books, “HR On Purpose!!” and “HR Rising!!”
Topics discussed in this episode with Steve Brown and hosts Chris Bjorling and Bill Banham include:
- What are the characteristics of a great leader?
- How has measuring performance changed as a result of shifts caused by the pandemic?
- How has tech evolved to help HR leaders better measure their people?
- What do you believe employees value the most from their employer in the new normal?
- What advice do you have for business leaders when it comes to communicating change to employees?
- In a newly renovated workplace culture, leaders must determine what desired behaviors will best support the company’s purpose. How can they determine what those behaviors should be and how do they instil them into the values of the company?
- From a culture and people processes perspective, what does a high-performing company mean to you?